Every incredible appetizer buffet has a combination of both warm and cold dishes to create the most significant interest for your guests. Whether you plan to serve with dinner or as the evening begins, yummy nibbles like this Baked Cheesy Onion Appetizer Dip will impress them.
- Sweet vidalia onion-medium
- Light mayonnaise
- Grated parmesan
- Cream cheese block
Let’s Get Started.
About an hour before you get started making this appetizer, be sure to take the cream cheese block out of the refrigerator and set it on the counter to soften. As you are about to start, be sure to test out your cream cheese to be sure that it is softened or give it more time.
Get your oven warm by pre-heating it to 350 degrees. While the oven is heating up, in a bowl, combine softened cream cheese, light mayonnaise, grated parmesan cheese, and diced sweet onion. Mix well, and then pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish. To add even a bit more cheese, sprinkle the very top of the mixture with additional parmesan cheese to your liking.
Place in the hot oven and bake for about 35-45 minutes, depending on your oven. The top of the Baked Cheesy Onion Appetizer Dip should be golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve warm with Tortilla Chips and or Frito Lay Scoops.
Place in hot oven and bake for about 35-45 minutes depending on your oven. The top of the Baked Cheesy Onion Appetizer Dip should be golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve warm with Tortilla Chips and or Frito Lay Scoops.
Tips and Tricks
- Take out your cream cheese at least an hour before making this recipe, or you will get nowhere quick! You need the cream cheese to be in a softened state to blend in with the other ingredients.
- You can totally make this a day ahead and have it ready to throw in the oven 45 minutes before serving. Just cover it with Saran Wrap and place it in the refrigerator until baking.
- Use the best parmesan you can afford to get the best results.
- This Warm Cheesy Onion Spread can be served with tortilla chips or our personal favorite Frito Lay Scoops. I like to serve all the warm dips with options for guests to choose their favorite. This includes crackers, crudité’s, or pulled pieces of fresh bread.
If you loved this Baked Cheesy Onion Appetizer Dip, you’d want to try these appetizers too:
If you enjoyed this recipe, please comment your thoughts below! Also, to not miss any other amazing recipes, follow Food Devoted on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest and sign up to receive our blog notifications by subscribing to our email.