Ah, BBQ Ribs. A dish that instantly evokes memories of backyard gatherings, the smell of charcoal, and laughter-filled summer nights. The history of BBQ ribs is as rich and deep as its flavors. While the exact origins are debated, it’s widely believed that the tradition of barbecuing meat started with indigenous tribes in the Caribbean and was later picked up by Spanish settlers. Fast forward to the American South, where each region boasts its unique spin on this cherished dish, making it an integral part of the country’s culinary identity.
Personally, I’ve always found it a tad unfair that such a delectable dish was reserved mostly for weekends or special occasions. Why? Because the traditional method required hours of marinating and even longer for slow-cooking on a grill or smoker. But here’s my revelation: Why wait for the weekend to dive into a plate of juicy, succulent BBQ Ribs? Especially when summer days are fleeting, and we want to make the most of every sun-kissed moment. With the advent of the Instant Pot, those BBQ Ribs cravings don’t have to be put on hold!
This preparation of this recipe will take a large instapot. I have a large 8 Quart Insta Pot because the family is large It looks like this one here.
Listen, I am really fussy about bring in appliances. If I am not going to be using it to a great degree, it simply is not worth the effort to store it or the price of my counter real estate. This Instapot, has definitely proved its worth time and time again, so get one if you do not have one already. Roasts, stew, soups, rice and of course this amazing BBQ Ribs!
It is the best selling one on Amazon right now. It is so easy to use for roasts, soups, stews and of course this BBQ RIB recipe. You can find it here with my affiliate link : https://amzn.to/3t4TE9E where I will get a small commission if you end up purchasing it.
I appreciate the support in advance. Ok, now back to it!
Instapot BBQ Ribs Ingredients:
- 6 pounds baby back ribs (about 3 racks)
- 6 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Favorite BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoons Liquid Smoke
Let’s Get Those Instapot BBQ Ribs Cooking!
- Prep Time: Start with those luscious baby back ribs. Rinse them and pat them down like they’ve just run a marathon – get them nice and dry.
- Skin Off: Don’t skip this step! That silver skin on the back can make the ribs a bit tough. Just get a grip and pull it right off.
- Season Well: Combine the spices—brown sugar, paprika, and all its fragrant friends—and generously massage those ribs. Let the aromas take you on a trip to BBQ Rib land.
- Instant Pot Magic: Pour in water, liquid smoke, and apple cider vinegar into the pot. That liquid smoke? It’s like a BBQ in a bottle! Now, coil the ribs inside the Instant Pot like they’re giving it a big bear hug.
- Cooking Time: Lock in those flavors! Set your Instant Pot to the meat setting for 25 minutes. Once done, let it naturally release for 5 minutes. Then, impatiently (if you’re like me), release the rest quickly.
- The Final Touch: Remove the BBQ Ribs and lay them on a baking sheet. Slather them with your beloved BBQ sauce. Pop them under the broiler for about 5 minutes – this gives them that irresistible caramelized touch!
Tips & Tricks to BBQ Ribs Perfection:
- The Silver Skin: It might seem tedious, but removing this makes all the difference to the texture of the ribs. They will be easier too cut and the meat will fall off of the BBQ Ribs.
- Liquid Smoke: Don’t skip this! It’s the secret to getting that smoky flavor without firing up the grill.
- Caramelization is Key: Broiling the BBQ Ribs after cooking gives them that signature BBQ char and locks in the sauce’s flavor.
The next time you’re yearning for some finger-licking ribs but are pressed for time, remember this recipe. Because with the Instant Pot in your arsenal, every day can be a BBQ Ribs day! Enjoy, fellow rib lovers.
Looking for other Dinner Ideas?
- Chicken Piccata
- Best Crispy Fish Tacos With Slaw
- Best Butter Chicken Recipe In 3 Main Steps
- Super Easy Marinara Sauce
- Meatloaf Recipe, Old School Delicious
If you enjoyed this recipe, please comment your thoughts below! Also, to not miss any other amazing recipes, follow Food Devoted on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest and sign up to receive our blog notifications by subscribing to our email.